Total results: 23
  1. Complaints - How do I make a complaint?

    We aim to ensure that all customers receive a high standard of service at all times. However, we know that occasionally we will make mistakes or our services, or the work of our contractors may not come up to an acceptable standard and customers may wish to complain.

    For details on our complaints process and to make a complaint please click here.


    Back to top
  2. Housing - Can I have a pet and do I need permisssion?

    You do need to request permission for all pets and livestock including cats, dogs, fish tanks and aquariums. For further details plese click here and complete the relevant forms.

    Back to top
  3. Housing - Do I need to keep you updated with changes in my household?

    Yes we do need to know who is living in your home and any name changes. Please call us on 0300 303 1190.

    Back to top
  4. Housing - Do I qualify for Right to Buy and if so how do I go about applying?

    Right to buy applies only to those who were secure tenants of the District Council when their properties were transferred to the Housing Association. This also applies to tenants who are successors of this type of tenancy. For more infomation click here.

    Back to top
  5. Housing - How do I get on the housing register?

    We currently own and manage over 4500 properties in and around Shropshire and Herefordshire.

    Shropshire Homepoint is a choice-based lettings partnership which manages a county-wide Housing Register (waiting list).

    For further details of the service HomePoint offers please click here.

    Back to top
  6. Housing - I am being affected by Anti Social Behaviour (ASB), can you help?

    Everyone has the right to enjoy life in their own way, providing that it does not cause a nuisance to the people living near them. A good neighbour will tolerate and understand the different lifestyles of others.

    Anti-Social Behaviour (ASB) comes in many forms. It ranges from serious acts of violence and harassment, to more commonplace incidents such as noisy dogs or loud music.

    To report an instance of Anti-Social Behaviour or to find out more please click here.

    Back to top
  7. Housing - I am homeless or threatened with homelessness - can the Housing Association help?

    You are considered homeless if you do not have a home, even if you are staying with someone, sleeping on the streets, living with friends or living in temporary or overcrowded accommodation  you are considered to be homeless as you do not have any rights to stay where you are living.

    If you are currently in any of the above situations your local Council may have a legal responsibility to help you. In the first instance contact:

    Shropshire Council Housing Options on 0345 678 9005 or or click here

    Herefordshire Council 01432 261 300 or or click here

    Back to top
  8. Housing - I have heard it's possible to swap properties with another tenant, what's involved and how do I go about this?

    A mutual exchange is an exchange of properties between two or more tenants. The landlords involved must approve the exchange in writing before it can go ahead. Click here for more details.

    Back to top
  9. Property - Do I need permission to make changes at my address and if so how do I get it?

    You can carry out improvements to your home provided that you have our written permission before you start the work. Click here for more details.

    Back to top
  10. Property - What are my responsiblities regarding fences?

    We will maintain fences and boundary walls that were originally provided by us and which border communal areas and public rights of way.

    Back to top
  11. Property - What can I do about condensation?

    Condensation is a common problem some homes therefore we have produced a leaflet with some tips on how to avoid it. Click here to view the leaflet.

    Back to top
  12. Property - What do I do if I have a wasps nest, mice, rats or any pests?

    As a tenant you are responsible for Pest Control. Shropshire Council Pest Control Services provides practical treatment for a wide range of nuisance pests and can be contacts on 0345 678 9000 or click here for more information.

    Back to top
  13. Property - What if I break a window?

    We will carry out the work at no cost to the tenant where the repair is required as a result of a crime such as domestic abuse or burglary. See the responsibilities section of the website. 

    Back to top
  14. Property - What if I lose my keys?

    We don't keep spare keys to our properties. If you have lost the keys we will replace the lock but you are responsible for the cost. We will replace locks without charge where this is required to protect the tenant from domestic abuse or burglary. We will also carry out the work at no cost to the tenant where this is required through no fault of the tenant.

    You will also have to pay for replacement fobs to communal doors.

    Back to top
  15. Property - When will my dustbin be emptied?

    Refuse collection is a service that is provided by Shropshire Council. If you have a query regarding this you can contact Shropshire Council on 0345 678 9000 or click here for more information.

    Back to top
  16. Property - When will my new kitchen, new bathroom, or new windows/doors be fitted?

    We will let you know when we are likely to do work to your home through our Improvement Plan.

    Click here for more details and a copy of our Improvement Plan.

    Back to top
  17. Rent - How do I pay my rent?

    There are many different ways to make it easy to pay your rent. Click here for all the options available.

    Back to top
  18. Rent - I am in arrears or my circumstances have changed that may impact on my ability to pay my rent, what should I do?

    If you find yourself experiencing financial problems, temporary or not, contact the Rents Team immediately. Its always better to talk to us about your situation and get some advice than going into arrears. Click here for more information.

    Back to top
  19. Rent - What is the balance of my rent account?

    You can check your rent account on line by using the tenants portal. Click here to register. You can also contact Customer Services on 0300 303 1190 who will be happy to help you.

    Back to top
  20. Repair - How can I check the progress of a repair?

    You can check progress on line by using the Tenants Portal or call us on 0300 303 1190 or email.

    Back to top
  21. Repair - How do I report a repair?

    You can report a repair by:
    • Phoning us on 0300 303 1190
    • Writing to us
    • Visiting our offices
    • Emailing us at:

    For more information click here.

    Back to top
  22. Repair - What is an emergency repair?

    A emergency repair is a repair that is needed to avoid danger to people or serious damage to the property. In some cases this may only include making the property safe. For more information click here.

    Back to top
  23. Support - What support do you offer and how do you access their services?

    Shropshire Housing Group offers a range of support services to its tenants and the general public through the Sustain Consortium. For more information click here.

    Back to top
Total results: 23